Sunday, August 25, 2013

School Libraries: The Core of Student Success

I have always enjoyed professional development.  Reading blogs, pouring over journals, taking classes, or talking to my colleagues have always recharged my love for the job.  It energizes me and encourages me to do better.  I love that ISLMA's conference is in the first semester of the school year, because it give me the opportunity to try something different second semester.  I feel that if I learn just one new thing or get a spark of an idea for something different, then the conference was a complete success.  

The theme of the 2013 ISLMA conference is School Libraries: The Core of Student Success.  How wonderfully true is that statement!  The conference runs from October 31 to November 2 at the Crowne Plaza in Springfield.  Between the 80 sessions on Friday and Saturday, seminars on Thursday, an Author Showcase Saturday, and all the friendly people to network with, this conference should not be missed.  Registration has started on ISLMA's website; hope to see you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment